“There is a strong culture of keeping pupils safe at the school.” Ofsted 2019
If parents have a concern about the welfare of their child or any other child, school has a number of fully trained Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSL) who can be contacted through the school office 01215237274. Outside of school hours the Local Authority Children’s Services can be contacted on 0121 3031888 if there are concerns about a child’s welfare. In case of emergency or immediate significant risk to a child, please ring 999.
All staff will ensure that arrangements are in place for:
All reasonable measures to be taken to minimise the risks of harm to children’s welfare;
We recognise that some children may be the victims of neglect, physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Staff of the school/service will often, by virtue of their day to day contact and knowledge of the children, be well placed to identify such abuse and offer support to children in need.
In order to protect our children, we aim to:
• Create an atmosphere where all our children can feel secure, valued and listened to
• Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
• Respond quickly and effectively to cases of suspected abuse
• Monitor and support children at risk
• Use the curriculum to raise children’s awareness, build confidence and skills
• Work closely with parent/carers and support external agencies
• Ensure that all adults within our school/service who have access to children have been fully checked as to their suitability.
“The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is a strength of the school. There are excellent relationships between adults and pupils and staff work hard to meet individual needs and they demonstrate a high regard for pupils’ welfare.” Ofsted 2019